sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] python-devel => python-pypi

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] python-devel => python-pypi
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:16:08 +0100

On Monday 07 of January 2008 13:55:16 Ethan Grammatikidis wrote:
> > * Ethan: comes up more often than you might think?? Do you have any
> > proof?
>
> No I don't, unfortunately. I do remember it coming up several times in a
> couple of weeks, but can't recall the spells. I suppose xfce was involved
> at least one of the times. I remember one of the things I was trying to do
> when it came up was related to regulating the sorcery-generated install
> queue, and I ended up not being able to make a certain script because of
> it. An option to only return spell versions would be enough for that.
No proof. I'll fetch it myself then and hopefully prove the opposite.

$ gaze -q grimoire | sed 's,SECTION: ,,' | sort | uniq -d -c # easy huh :)
130
2 compiz-fusion
2 graphics-libs
2 ieee80211
2 jasper
2 libungif
2 mpg123
2 opera
2 xfce
2 xpenguins
2 xpenguins-applet
2 xpenguins_themes
2 xtrlock

After removing the
spells that I have in my local grimoire: xtrlock, opera, libungif
sections that I have in my local grimoire: graphics-libs

These are left:
2 compiz-fusion
2 ieee80211
2 jasper
2 mpg123
2 xfce
2 xpenguins
2 xpenguins-applet
2 xpenguins_themes

Now I'm pretty sure ieee80211 is not a section, perhaps there are two spells?
Yes, it is in test/kernels and z-rejected/z-kernels. The same applies to
mpg123 and jasper.
The xpenguins* spells were moved recently from games.
All of this should be noted and fixed.

We are left with only xfce and compiz-fusion, which really are sections too.
So you are rebuked, there are only two such spells.

examined on:
Codex Listing
[0] : s.aria : /var/lib/sorcery/codex/s.aria
[1] : test : /var/lib/sorcery/codex/test
[2] : games : /var/lib/sorcery/codex/games
[3] : z-rejected : /var/lib/sorcery/codex/z-rejected
[4] : xorg-modular : /var/lib/sorcery/codex/xorg-modular

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org