sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] python-devel => python-pypi

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] python-devel => python-pypi
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 13:35:25 +0100

On Monday 07 of January 2008 13:06:34 Alexander Tsamutali wrote:
> I was afraid of such scenario but didn't check. Ok so my vote is for
> lang-devel scheme and therefore to preserve current name.
>
> Also i think that gaze behavior may be changed and shouldn't affect
> the decision on section name. All sorcery tools should understand
> where we're talking about spell and where about section. In short:
> spell names and section names should not affect each other. Other
> opinions here?
That gaze behaviour is a feature. But it could be expanded with a parameter,
where you would explictly say if you want to see the version of the section
or a spell (xfce is like that*).

I'm for keeping python-devel. Imho it would be even better to rename it to
python, but that depends on the previous feature if we want the same comfort.

* Ethan: comes up more often than you might think?? Do you have any proof?

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org