sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] [SM_Discuss] How to write spells that require initial scripts under init.d

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] [SM_Discuss] How to write spells that require initial scripts under init.d
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 23:34:26 -0600

Hi,

I'm trying to write some personal spells, but the only thing
preventing further progress is the fact that one of them require 2
daemon scripts to be included in /etc/init.d/runlevels/%S. Well I
think that should be the right place although I might be wrong... The
others require as well 1 script to be included there as well

Copying the scripts in the expected place doesn't seem to do the magic
since I can call them manually by
"/etc/init.d/runlevels/%S/<my_script> start" for example, but when
rebooting the machine I don't see the daemons getting called and when
looking for the processes, I don't find them...

There must be some procedure to do this, but the spell writing for
dumies doesn't help me... Can some one point out how to do this,
specially when there's more than one script per spell to be included?

Thanks,

--
Javier