sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [SM_Discuss] How to write spells that require initial scripts under init.d

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [SM_Discuss] How to write spells that require initial scripts under init.d
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 07:41:36 +0200

On 07:34:26 2007-09-17 "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to write some personal spells, but the only thing
> preventing further progress is the fact that one of them require 2
> daemon scripts to be included in /etc/init.d/runlevels/%S. Well I
> think that should be the right place although I might be wrong... The
> others require as well 1 script to be included there as well
>
> Copying the scripts in the expected place doesn't seem to do the magic
> since I can call them manually by
> "/etc/init.d/runlevels/%S/<my_script> start" for example, but when
> rebooting the machine I don't see the daemons getting called and when
> looking for the processes, I don't find them...
>
> There must be some procedure to do this, but the spell writing for
> dumies doesn't help me... Can some one point out how to do this,
> specially when there's more than one script per spell to be included?

Put the init scrips into(this will ensure they are installed automaticaly
during casting(if you specify so)):
$SPELLDIR/init.d

And make sure the init scripts conform to our system i.e.:
added the following variables into them:
PROGRAM=/foo/bar/baz
RUNLEVEL=[one of S, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, DEV]
Next only needed if it has any dependencies...
NEEDS=

This is more or less the official way...

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6 F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C