sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ati_driver-new

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Craig Dyke <grail69 AT amnet.net.au>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ati_driver-new
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 23:42:57 +0800

Okay, so I have gone through and got xorg-server installed and my xorg.conf
works with the standard vesa driver (some success)

I tried casting xf86-video-ati, which cast fine but X tells me No Devices detected
when using ati in config file :(

So my query is two fold:

1. Is there some trick to getting the driver I have installed working?
2. If I install the new one mentioned below, do we just use the "run" file (just curious where it will install all the files)

Thanks
Craig

Martin Spitzbarth wrote:
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:13:39 +0200,