sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Xorg-modular master bug

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Xorg-modular master bug
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:14:36 -0700

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 06:53:01PM +0200, "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" wrote:
> On 18:32:45 2007-06-16 Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I could be wrong, but I
> > think users will be ok as long as its made clear what things are not yet
> > finished and what to expect.
>
> Then why was the main question when someone(even a guru) cast -modular:
> "What does this thing do?"

Just curious, whats preventing someone from adding a message
like the following to all the -modular spells?

"Descriptions are currently incomplete. In the meantime, if you dont
know what this is for, search for it on google."

You could go on to add
"If you find a good description for something lacking one, please send
it our way."

Seems like it would alleviate that concern.

> So far got 0 patches and there's more than 2-3 users that use -modular
> outside of the gurus

Well, users that dont hang out on irc or know to ask for -modular,
probably dont even know that a xorg-modular grimoire exists.

For users that do know about the xorg-modular grimoire, they were
probably interested enough to find out about it themselves. In which case,
they probably dont care so much about the descriptions that the lack of
complete descriptions will prevent them from using xorg-modular altogether.

As more of a user than a dev these days, my bottom line is whether or
not the spells work, at all. The descriptions are nice, but the lack of
them will not prevent me from trying xorg-modular.

-Andrew