sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Xorg-modular master bug

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Xorg-modular master bug
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 09:32:45 -0700

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 03:31:44PM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
> I have created a master Bug #13845[0] to track getting xorg-modular into
> test. Please file one bug per spell that is missing any of the following:
> * Descriptions in DETAILS
> * Dependency descriptions
> * Missing dependencies
> * Missing check_if_xorg_modular* dependencies
> * Incorrect symlinks (e.g. /etc/X11R6)
> * Broken defaults
> * Unclear descriptions

Maybe this has been discussed elsewhere, are all these issues truly blockers?
The spells will probably work fine with unclear descriptions, probably
work ok without good descriptions too. I could be wrong, but I think
users will be ok as long as its made clear what things are not yet
finished and what to expect. We have plenty of facilities to tell the
user what to expect. Who knows, maybe some of them will submit patches.

Just my 2 cents.

-Andrew