sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:11:25 +0200

Am Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:09:33 +0200
schrieb "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>:

> Descriptions and various dependencies in test(i.e. spell foo depends on
> X11-LIBS but it also needs libfoo and libbar when using -modular) are the
> main reasons for it not being in test.

The descriptions are an issue - particulary since upstream even doesn't
have an opinion on these apparently.
But could that help:

http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModuleDescriptions?highlight=%28module%29

?
On the technical side, I must say that I don't have monolithic xorg on
any box. The modular one works fine. Sometimes I forget that it's not
standard already;-) Some stuff cast out of higher knowledge than by
dependencies, but getting it into test would help these...

Thomas.