sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery 1.13.7-rc2 install_config_file problem - spell writing

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery 1.13.7-rc2 install_config_file problem - spell writing
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:28:12 -0700

On Wednesday 18 April 2007 02:11:42 Ingo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have created a grimoire and spell for some script I use on some smgl
> machines at work.
> The spell's INSTALL file uses install_config_file to install a
> configuration file to /usr/local/bin/
> When I recast the spell ( cast -c sps-vpn ) it asks me what to do with
> the existing config file (trash,backup,rename...).
> But when I changed the spells version number and did a "scribe update
> spsgrimoire" and "cast sps-vpn" it
> installed the config file from the script directory over the existing
> config in /usr/local/bin/ without asking.
>
> What did I do wrong ?
>
> You can get the grimoire from
> http://download.bitmage.de/sps/spsgrimoire.tar.bz2
> the spell is "sps-vpn", it depends on ipsec-tools.

It sounds like Sorcery began tracking the installed and modified
configuration
file. Are you sure the file was modified after the initial modification?
AFAIK scribe does not modify any of the state information for installed
files, so the scribe update should not have changed anything.

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285