sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] sorcery 1.13.7-rc2 install_config_file problem - spell writing

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ingo <scachi AT gmx.de>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] sorcery 1.13.7-rc2 install_config_file problem - spell writing
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:11:42 +0200

Hello,

I have created a grimoire and spell for some script I use on some smgl machines at work.
The spell's INSTALL file uses install_config_file to install a configuration file to /usr/local/bin/
When I recast the spell ( cast -c sps-vpn ) it asks me what to do with the existing config file (trash,backup,rename...).
But when I changed the spells version number and did a "scribe update spsgrimoire" and "cast sps-vpn" it
installed the config file from the script directory over the existing config in /usr/local/bin/ without asking.

What did I do wrong ?

You can get the grimoire from http://download.bitmage.de/sps/spsgrimoire.tar.bz2
the spell is "sps-vpn", it depends on ipsec-tools.

Regards,
Ingo / baro