sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] bugzilla - threads

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] bugzilla - threads
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:32:23 -0500

On Apr 11, Ladislav Hagara [ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz] wrote:
> integrated bugs are now marked as [integrated].
> It is probably very good for queries but it definitely breaks email
> threads in thunderbird (certainly not only there).
> It would be fine if all emails related to one bug were sorted in one
> thread, i.e. had only one subject.
> There is also problem with the first email with subject "New: ...".
> Now emails related to one bug are sorted at least to three threads.
> Is possible to "fix" it?
> Or do you use email clients capable to sort bugzilla emails to only one
> thread?
> Over 6000 emails in my bugzilla folder is quite enough for me.

I'm planning to do some work on bugzilla but am waiting til at least
stable-0.9 is available, because that's got the version of bugzilla we have
tested an upgrade against. I plan to at least get [integrated] out of the
subject and into a flag or bug status. I don't know if I can easily do
anything about the 'New' tag on new bugs. If thunderbird doesn't let you
modify the way it does subject thread matching, perhaps you could look at
having an MDA strip it out?