sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] bugzilla - threads

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] bugzilla - threads
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:56:22 +0200

Am Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:43:01 +0200
schrieb Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>:

> Or do you use email clients capable to sort bugzilla emails to only one
> thread?

I don't see threads in the bugzilla folder at all.
My mail client looks at the In-Reply-To (and perhaps References, not sure)
headers to sort messages into threads.
Can bugzilla make the bug comments reply to the initial report and to
each other (there is a reply-to-a-specific-comment function,
isn't there)?
I guess one problem is that bugzilla doesn't store/know the message-ids
the mailing system creates (?).

> Over 6000 emails in my bugzilla folder is quite enough for me.

Well, a question is if threading would indeed help. You'd have to jump
around in the threads to see the new messages, but with complete headers
you at least have the choice to turn thread display on and off for
either seeing the newest posts at the top or being able to see a discussion
thread in it's contextual glory (without having to visit the bugzilla web
page).

Thomas.