sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] meta spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] meta spells
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 14:11:38 +0200

On Thursday 21 December 2006 20:27, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>:
> <snip>
>
> > So, first lets quantify the problem. What spells/spell groups need this
> > functionality? For sub-depends what I did was create a feature bug for
> > it, and have spell bugs with sub-depends as the resolution depend on
> > it. Then I looked for the common thread between them. Start with real
> > examples and lets objectively analyize them.
>
> An example of a spell that has multiple dependencies based on a query
> is kdesdk.
<snip>

Another example that touches the whole kde-core section where
a "multi_optional_depends" would be helpful is libxml2 + libxslt. These are
used by all KDE components for reading KDE documentation, but they're only
useful when combined. When they're behind separate optional_depends (like
they are now) that's one query too many, and it leaves a chance to pull in
only one of them and gain nothing.

I'll try to whip up a master bug during the holidays, and add some per-spell
ones as well.

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]