sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] meta spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] meta spells
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:23:01 +0200

On Sunday 17 December 2006 10:30, Jaka Kranjc wrote:
> The best I came up with is:
>
> optional_depends foo "" "" "for reason1" &&
> if is_depends_enabled $SPELL foo; then
> optional_depends bar "" "" "for reason1 (you need this one too)"
> fi
>
> So if the user chose not to use the first one, everything is the same and
> if he does, the query tells him everything. Unless worded *really* badly.

You're right, I forgot to mention this approach. But the downsides are
obvious: It adds one (unnecessary) query (IMHO we have enough as it is :)),
and if the user doesn't select the second one then the compile will fail (or
the program will not work). Also no matter how wisely the second query is
worded, it's always going to confuse some users (myself included).

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]