sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Xen Kernels

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arjan Bouter <abouter AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: dmlb2000 AT gmail.com
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Xen Kernels
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:08:13 +0100

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 08:24:33 -0800
"David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/18/06, Arjan Bouter <abouter AT sourcemage.org> wrote:
> > I've switched to devel sorcery (the xen spell uses sub_depends and just
> > "installs" install logs with other sorcery versions) and tried casting it.
> > the kernel fails on the patches for 2.6.19.26 in the Documentation dir.
> > Could that be because of the order the 2.6.19.26 and xen_kernel patches
> > are applied?
>
> 2.6.19.26? do you mean 2.6.16.29?

obviously my kb is broken, too many tyops in a short time ;)

> I thought I tried it out and it seemed to work okay... did it not
> depend on the right patch? what was the patch order (specifically
> CONONICAL_PATCHES var in the persistent file)?

i added the xen patches before the maintenance patches, which got corrected
by the spell.
canonical lists the maintenance patches before xen.

I tried the spell again and it seems to build now. no idea why or what
happened before.

> I have noticed weird things with subdepend over the next few days I
> hope to generate some basic spells and throw sub depends in them and
> figure out whats going on.
>
> - David Brown

+=======
Source Mage GNU/Linux developer,
http://www.sourcemage.org
Registered as user #310617 with the Linux Counter,
http://counter.li.org.
GnuPG Key 79D4B14E = 94AD 3FD1 E259 67ED 632E 2B06 CFBE 1154 79D4 B14E
+===