sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Xen Kernels

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: David Brown <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Xen Kernels
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 10:26:53 -0600

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 23:50, David Brown wrote:
Just FYI, xen 3.0.3 is radically different from 3.0.2. One of the tools
needs xorg or some xlibs to make it work. I haven't narrowed it down,
was just setting up xen for work. It may or may not still be feasable to
set it up as a spell...

I do have messed around with it at work, I think this is a way to make
it work easier than what's currently implemented in the grimoire.

I've grep'ed through the compile logs for xen-tools and haven't
noticed any xorg/xlibs stuff at all, I'm not sure what you are talking
about there...

Try not having any x installed and running make dist. Its in tools/ioemu or something close to that. Grep for qemu and its in that dir. Either way, it does need something within the x libraries, because its got vnc stuff built in to it somewhere now.

- David Brown

!DSPAM:457112c984191536919718!
-- David Kowis - mobile