sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Xen Kernels

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Xen Kernels
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:19:51 -0800

I've been doing a lot of work with xen at work and it's given me some
thought again on how to integrate the kernel part into the linux
spell. I've made a xen patch for the linux kernel and can put it into
the linux spell. However, this would deprecate the current
xen-kernels spell (kinda). The hyporvisor still needs to be built, so
one could just remove the kernel building part from xen-kernels so it
only builds the hyporvisor. The xen-tools spell would remain
untouched. If no one has any thoughts on this I'll put it in my queue
of 'Source Mage Things ToDo' and get to it when I get to it.

- David Brown