sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] website

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robert Figura <rfigura AT aubergine.zwischengesicht.de>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] website
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 22:48:15 +0200

On Thursday 19 October 2006 18:07, Robert Figura wrote:
> I'd rather not drop drupal just like that.

To my opinion there are too many features in drupal being turned on right
now. I especially don't like the way content is handled. It is relatively
easy to add information but hard to modify it so structural quality of our
deorganized editing process suffers. This way the wiki won't ever get
replaced.

I'm also not very convinced of the social networking stuff provided by
drupal. IRC is just the better medium. And i also don't like having forums
split some of the traffic that belogs to the list (maybe it's intentional
diversion... ;^)

I'd also like to suggest to add an easy way to mark (vote for?)
documentation as being outdated (maybe even for anonymous)

Ah and the navigation could be better. Which reminds me of having a topic...

Let's have a static mirror... no that wasn't it.

> So we have problems to administrate the website... I am also quite busy
> but
> since my main professional experiences are related to www stuff, i am
> seriously considering to offer myself to fill that gap. Let me meditate a
> day or two about it.

Ah! yes.

I'd happily support Odaeh administrating the drupal and be on the emergency
list if something happens. For getting in touch it should help if i could do
something intermediate. While workload here is as it is now i think i
cannot have more than 2h a week but this changes regularily.

Andrew Stitt: It's good to see someone gathering people for the docs. Sign
me up for around 2h/week working as drupal interface or for review.

As for tome lead: I actually don't think i could do it better than Jason
Flatt but maybe i can find out how to make myself more useful.

Regards
- Robert Figura

--
/* mandlsig.c v0.23 (c) by Robert Figura */
I=1702;float O,o,i;main(l){for(;I--;putchar("oO .,\nm>cot.bitamea\