sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] triggers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] triggers
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:58:08 +0300

On Monday 16 October 2006 15:56, David Kowis wrote:
> Juuso Alasuutari wrote:
> <slice>
>
> > What I'd like to know is why TRIGGERS isn't updated on scribe reindex,
> > and could it be so? What are the objections to this kind of change?
>
> Uhm, why?
> Triggers are for when stuff gets cast. Triggers are installed when the
> software is installed. Not when the grimoire is installed.

I guess triggers are version-specific in that sense (not modified before next
spell install). I can see the point in that...

Does that mean, then, that new triggers should be paired with a REPAIR file
if
they're meant to take effect right away, even for older installs of the
spell? I can see a lot of REPAIRs in the future ahead...

I'm still entertaining myself with the thought of scribe treating triggers as
a sort of version-agnostic thing, where they're always updated on grimoire
update for all spells installed, no matter if the spells themselves are
recast or not. To snap me out of my day dream, I'd like to hear about any
hazards that this might introduce.

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]