sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] triggers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] triggers
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:38:31 +0200

fontforge needs a recast after gettext update. It has 'on_cast gettext
check_self' in TRIGGERS because of this. What does your activity log
reveal?
That it wasn't recast. :)
I have no TRIGGERS in the tablet nor a triggers entry. It is the classical
problem, triggers are recorded after a succesful cast (or something like
that).
After a succesful cast? I thought they're updated on every scribe reindex...
Does someone know?

From sm-commit to sm-discuss to discuss it. :-)

They are really updated after succesful cast.
Just tried to add TRIGGERS to gq spell with "on_cast gq dispel_self".
After first cast it set trigger to /var/state/sorcery/triggers and after SECOND cast it dispels self (and of course removed trigger from /var/state/sorcery/triggers).
Seems spell deprecation http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Spell_Deprecation has some issues.
I remember that several times the deprecated spel was not dispelled.

How to dispel deprecated spell (if there is no new spell)?

--
Ladislav Hagara