sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] triggers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] triggers
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:41:22 +0200

> What I'd like to know is why TRIGGERS isn't updated on scribe reindex, and
> could it be so? What are the objections to this kind of change?
Why would they be? TRIGGERS is a spell file, it gets updated with scribe
update. If you mean the one in the tablet then I don't know what good that
would do, triggers that cast uses are recorded in /var/state/sorcery/triggers
after the cast afaik.

Maybe the triggers file could be refreshed/recreated for all the installed
spells on a scribe update, but that could slow it down (if there is any logic
in TRIGGERS the only safe thing would probably be to load the whole spell).

Waiting for the expert opinion, I'm sure there is a reason why this works
like
it does.
--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org