sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Multiple GL libs at the same time(HELP REQUEST)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Multiple GL libs at the same time(HELP REQUEST)
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 00:55:46 +0200

OK

I've been working on this for the last 3 days or so.

Currently our spells like to hog /usr/lib/lbiGL.so and such so that one
isn't able to for example switch between ati_driver and mesalib
libGL.so.

I belive I have this solved now BUT I need people to test it all.

http://ruskie.dtdm.org/testing/

The above url has all the spells that have been modified/created for
this.

Idealy what I'd like to see is:

Install one monolithic and one of ati_driver or nvidia_driver then test
switching between(does it run test as well), then perhaps add the other
_driver and test switching between all three.

For those using -modular it's similar:
Update mesalib and xorg-server using the spells from the above url, cast
one or both _driver spells and test switching back and forth.

The now spell here is: smgl-gl_select

It installs a smgl-gl_select script that allows one to change libGL and
support files easily.

I'd really like to get feedback and testing. Once I'm sure all of this
works I'll be requesting to get all of this to stable ASAP so that the
stuff in z-rejected can also work with this.

This is just install path changes so shouldn't be anything to critical.

Also if you install any I'd like to see the install logs from the above
spells.

Thanks for your attention and(I hope) help. Now I'm crashing to bed
before I hit the keyboard since I'm half asleep already.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461