sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ati and xorg

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ati and xorg
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:54:50 +0200

I'm atm completly reworking and updating the ati_driver spell and only doing
minor fixes to mesalib and nvidia_driver to make it possible to pick the libGL
one wants to use.

Once I'm done I'll send the spell here for you to test(I don't need it
nor use it).

Once you confirm it installs and works I'll commit them all.

Hopefully the spell will be done by tonight but not then tomorrow
evening or some such(atm it's 14:00 and I have to go do something work
related at 16:00 which can take up to 3-4 hours to do if not more).

I'm guessing the problem is to OLD version of ati_driver spell that
doesn't support modular X.

You can go to the ati driver page and download the driver installer
which might get your GL working for the time being(it even has an
uninstaller so you'll be able to remove it).

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461