sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] CastFS File-System

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] CastFS File-System
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:11:57 -0700

I'd like to announce the CastFS filesystem [0]

Due to the lack of a complete solution provided by other third
party groups the sorcery team has descided to develop their own
filesystem for use when installing packages and staging them
automatically when modifications are made to the root filesystem.

GOALS

I've got most of the major features working with 0.2:
1) Stage all modifications made to the root filesystem.
2) Log files to track accesses

Some of the stuff I don't have working yet but would like to by 0.3:
3) Set of ignored directory trees where staging will not happen

Ditto for 0.4:
4) autotool the package

You can visit the site to see README [1] information or download the
package and also look at the README [2] file.

[0] http://dmlb2000.homelinux.org/castfs/
[1] http://dmlb2000.homelinux.org/castfs/?q=Readme
[2] http://dmlb2000.homelinux.org/~dmlb2000/git-repos/local/castfs/README

- David Brown