sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] user creation optional

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: seth AT swoolley.homeip.net
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] user creation optional
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 02:20:52 -0700

user and group creation should be optional. If a user or group creation
is optional for a spell, we need to add this to our grimoire api
routines so we can setup defaults for this and to override this.

Eventually, we could, with the stage_root help, even get the entire cast
process pulled into a non-root user except the install stage. making
the user and group creation optional would make it easier to cast as a
user later.

I'm just saying there are a few good reasons to think about going this
direction.

Any comments? If reaction is amenable, I'm going to file a bug assigned
to myself to start this process.

Seth