sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] user creation optional

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] user creation optional
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 12:19:11 -0500

On Jul 23, seth AT swoolley.homeip.net [seth AT swoolley.homeip.net] wrote:
> user and group creation should be optional. If a user or group creation
> is optional for a spell, we need to add this to our grimoire api
> routines so we can setup defaults for this and to override this.

It should be optional, yes, but we already should only be adding a accounts
if the spell in question demands or recommends it, and I think we stick to
that pretty well. Meaning for any accounts we add now, we'd be defaulting
them to 'y' most likely anyway.

The id stuff needs a lot of work as has been previously noted; given the
above I personally wouldn't rank 'making it optional' as the top priority
in the fixes it all needs, but it could certainly be part of a larger set
of fixes. The last thread on this touched on most of the issues pretty
well I think, if you're going to file bugs I'd start with that (and there's
at least one bug already filed, referenced in that thread) :

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2006-June/014916.html
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2006-June/014917.html