sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] howto relocate sorcery stuff from /var to /sorcery

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jens Laas <jens.laas AT data.slu.se>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] howto relocate sorcery stuff from /var to /sorcery
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 12:55:59 +0200 (CEST)

On our server(s) /var is a filesystem that may move between different machines. We would like to keep a machine specific version of /var/*/sorcery on another filesystem.

I tried setting SGL_LIBRARY et al in /etc/sorcery/local/config to reflect this but this did not work.
There are specific scripts that are sourced in /etc/sorcery/config that depend on SGL_LIBRARY being /var/lib/sorcery.

Is this possible our should I give up already?

Thanks,
Jens

'In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
But, in practice, there is.'
Jens Låås Email: jens.laas AT data.slu.se
Department of Computer Services, SLU Phone: +46 18 67 35 15
Vindbrovägen 1
P.O. Box 7079
S-750 07 Uppsala
SWEDEN