sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg SIGSEGV crash - SOLVED

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Lubomir Blaha <tritol AT trilogic.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg SIGSEGV crash - SOLVED
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:06:50 +0200

On 10.05.2006 07:37:23 CEST Eric Sandall wrote:
> If you tried compiling nvidia_driver while X was running, that won't
> work. The current nvidia_driver will fail to compile if X is running, so
> exit out of X (including any login manager) and then compile
> nvidia_driver. You will need to remove the nvidia module afterwards and
> reload it.

Yes, installer dies with proper error message, there is no problem.

> For some reason it's looking for event2, rather than event0 (the first).

it's from my xorg.conf

> Did you look to see if /dev/input/event* exist? You should check your
> kernel to make sure you still have Event Interfaces enabled.

Here is problem, if specified evdev device not exist or it's not mouse, xorg
crashes with signal 11. I'll fill bugreport about this at x.org.

Thanks for help.

Anyway, /dev/input/event* are not created automatically (by udev?), I have to
turn on evdev module with modprobe, then everything is ok. I have same problem
with /dev/misc/rtc. How to solve this?

Lubomir

--
I went to my first computer conference at the New York Hilton about 20
years ago. When somebody there predicted the market for microprocessors

Years later, I went back to the same hotel. I noticed the room keys had
been replaced by electronic cards you slide into slots in the doors.

There was a computer in every doorknob.
-- Danny Hillis