sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg SIGSEGV crash

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Lubomir Blaha <tritol AT trilogic.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg SIGSEGV crash
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:15:23 +0200

On 10.05.2006 13:35:28 CEST Jaka Kranjc wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 May 2006 12:04, Lubomir Blaha wrote:
> > Caught signal 11.  Server aborting
> Googling for that shows potential driver problems. Are you using composite?

no, nvidia's binary driver (it work before rebuid), but now crash nv and vesa
drivers same way (maybe harder, with nvidia's binary I'm able to switch back
text mode via magic-sysrq-key, with others it hangs badly a have to use hw
reset)

> Any funny CFLAGS?

as usual, -O3 -fPIC -DPIC, maybe others (I have no acces to the machine right
now)

It seems that something changed with evdev (kernel?):

(**) Mouse1: Device: "/dev/input/event2"
(EE) Unable to open evdev device "/dev/input/event2".
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Mouse1"
(II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
(WW) No core pointer registered

I didn't notice this tomorrow, I'll try fix it at evening, maybe it help.
Anyway if this is a problem, it should not cause xorg to crash :).

Lubomir

--
Systems have sub-systems and sub-systems have sub-systems and so on ad
infinitum -- which is why we're always starting over.