sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] cauldron lead vote

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] cauldron lead vote
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:15:52 -0500

Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> Looking over the docs, we should have started the cauldron lead vote last
> week... I guess we missed getting into it with the other stuff going on.
>
> We could pick it up now... however, we're in a transition spot where we
> would lack real candidate options. All the current Leads are already
> Component Leads.
>
> I personally don't like the idea of postponing a vote for any reason, but
> I'm bringing this up in case someone wants to make a motion we put this off
> a bit. If we waited a month on this vote (this year only) we would
> probably have more candidates available, assuming we manage to elect some
> more leads in the next couple of weeks.
>
> Again, I'm not actually proposing we do that, but if some of you think we
> should, make a motion so it can get resolved. Otherwise the PL needs to
> just get this vote started.

So in the interest of potential competition, I'll motion that the vote
for Cauldron Lead Position be postponed until next month, just for this
year. That does mean that the next person will serve a slightly shorter
term.

--
David Kowis

ISO Team Lead - www.sourcemage.org
Source Mage GNU/Linux

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
find easier ways to do something.
- Robert Heinlein