sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] policy docs, developer lists, jargon, oh my

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] policy docs, developer lists, jargon, oh my
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 18:01:57 +0300

On Sunday 07 May 2006 11:48, Andraž "ruskie" Levstik wrote:
> general dev lead dev
> ----------- --------
> generic : mage -> archmage
>
> cauldron : wizard -> archwizard
> grimoire : guru -> warlock
> sorcery : wizard -> archwizard
> tome : scribe -> sage
>
> and reserve the "elder" for project/component leads

So far I prefer this suggestion most. It's logical and least confusing to
have
mage->archmage and wizard->archwizard. Also scribe->sage as sandalle
suggested is definitely the best option.

I still don't know about guru->warlock, I think that those could also be
something similar to wizard->archwizard. I can't think of any replacement,
though. Maybe they're not too bad.

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]