sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:27:26 -0500

On Apr 29, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) [jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org] wrote:
> The solution to this is to be be specific when you pull. Since most of you
> will only be working in test, you want to do your sync from inside a
> checked out 'master' branch with:
>
> git pull . origin
>
> (remember, 'origin' is the upstream version of the 'master' aka 'test'
> branch). This will grab the updates against test and apply them to your
> checked-out copy of test.

I lied again, you need:

git fetch
git pull . origin

The fetch is needed first to update the local origin branch against remote.

There should be a git pull syntax to do that all at once, I will keep
looking. Apologies if this is confusing, the command set is relatively
simple but like anything else we learn more as we actually use it.