sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:24:11 +0200

> At the moment we have got:
> -a Wiki
> -a bug-tracking-system
> -a documentation
> -a forum
> -several mailinglists
>
> Would everything become easier if some of them would be better
> integrated into each other? I am thinking of an system like trac [1]
>
> > Trac allows hyperlinking information between a computer bug database,
> revision control and wiki content.
> > It also serves as a sophisticated www-interface to the subversion
> > version control system.
>
> mfg
> steve-e

All of that can be done using third party tools...
Don't need trac for it.
There's scmbug that ties in scm's with bug tracking systems,

And we wanted to put all the docs into a single place but ppl among them
myself

want a proper wiki...

And there's really nething to integarate...

Forum is a diff beast than mailing lists(I belive also available through
nntp),

There is a reason we have multiple ML's. Wiki is used as a staging area for
documentation until it's moved into the official docs...

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461