sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:46:08 -0500

On Apr 13, Arwed von Merkatz [v.merkatz AT gmx.net] wrote:
> I think that's a good list, it covers most of the types of SCMs.
> I guess for svn Pieter (e-type) or Mathieu (lejatorn) might be
> interested :)

IMO it would make (more) sense to have people that aren't already
proponents of each SCM using them. Have the experts use them too if they
want and be available to help with stuff, but if we just have the experts
use the SCM they like we're not going to learn much. Any SCM can probably
do what we need when someone that knows it is using it.

This is one reason I'm planning to do most of the initial admin setup on
fawkes myself, that way I can give a comparison of each from the admin
point of view without having much prior experience with any of them.

Planning to work on that this next week, by the way... the other project I
was working on this weekend is wrapping up and has gone pretty well so far.