sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] how to use UPDATED

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] how to use UPDATED
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 01:43:09 +0300

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 22:29, Eric Sandall wrote:

> > That's true. But I wasn't thinking of a definite know-it-all version
> > sniffer. A simple list of chronologically arranged UPDATED entries would
> > help to pinpoint _possible_ targets of attention:
> >
> > 17760704 spell1
> > 20000101 spell2
> > 20040506 spell3
> >
> > "Hmm, maybe I should check out if there's a newer version of spell1 out."
>
> <snip>
>
> Are you thinking of `gaze newer last_sorcery_update` or `gaze newer
> <date>`? As I mention in my reply to the parent you can use `find .
> -mtime 40` to find what was not changed in the last 40 days.
>
> -sandalle

I'm not sure what you mean with those gaze suggestions. I was simply talking
of a list of last version updates (which can't easily be parsed from
HISTORY). It wouldn't have to be compared against anything, it could just be
browsed to see the most neglected ones. I'm not sure if `find -time` can do
that.

But if UPDATED is going to be scrapped, I've nothing against that. :)

Juuso