sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] how to use UPDATED

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] how to use UPDATED
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:21:49 +0300

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 14:13, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 April 2006 12:25, Juuso Alasuutari wrote:
> > Do any of the sorcery branches make any use of UPDATED anymore? If not,
> > maybe it could be reused. If UPDATED would be what its name implies, a
> > date when the spell was last version updated, it would be easy to make an
> > index of a grimoire to see which spells have been neglected. (Or is there
> > already an easy way to do this?)
> >
> > Juuso
>
> How would you see which are version-neglected? As I see it, you'd have to
> have an up to date list to compare to anyway, so plain spell versions could
> be used.

That's true. But I wasn't thinking of a definite know-it-all version sniffer.
A simple list of chronologically arranged UPDATED entries would help to
pinpoint _possible_ targets of attention:

17760704 spell1
20000101 spell2
20040506 spell3

"Hmm, maybe I should check out if there's a newer version of spell1 out."

Juuso