sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Update of graphviz

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Update of graphviz
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:43:10 +0200

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 12:20:36AM -0500, Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:

> > Because people may have stuff installed that's not in our grimoires :)
>
> GraphViz considers this hack a bug. What they do is try to "play
> fontconfig" for certain font names such as Helvetica or Times-Roman. You
> can use any fonts you have, including URW, with the hack disabled, as
> long as fontconfig can find them. The question is more specific: do you
> think that you might need a GraphViz build with variable
> NO_POSTSCRIPT_ALIAS *undefined* and therefore, with the font name
> aliasing enabled?

Don't think there's a reason to do that, especially when we don't
include those fonts in fontconfig by default.
We do have the urw type1 fonts, it's ghostscript-fonts-std, installed to
/usr/share/ghostscript/fonts, but that path isn't included in
fontconfig, maybe we should change that.

http://www.sourcemage.org