sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] subversion grimoire wiki page

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] subversion grimoire wiki page
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:54:36 -0500

Robert Figura wrote:
It has no advantage over p4 except that it is free.

I disagree. "p4 edit" for me puts p4 into "archaic" category. "p4 diff" contacting the server is in the same category. p4 proxy doesn't solve any of these. It's a source control system built for connected development, while the value of most others comes (in addition to other things) from the fact that you can use them without being connected.
For me, almost anything but Perforce (we're not looking at SourceSafe I'm sure) is better.

Sergey.