sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] yesterdays server outage

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] yesterdays server outage
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:05:43 -0800

Just forwarding a message along for Jeremy who is apparently on the road
at the moment.

For those who dont know, our server was briefly down yesterday. All is
fine now though.

----- Forwarded message from Jeremy Blosser <jblosser AT firinn.org> -----

Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 23:33:06 -0600
Subject: Re: cant ping www.sourcemage.org
To: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser AT firinn.org>

Forward this to the list if you would, I'm on the road and don't have
access to send from my -sourcemage address right now.

Apologies for the outage. That box needs some extra networking stuff,
and I didn't have it in bootmisc yet. I was ironically planning to fix
that this weekend. Of course Murphy declared it would reboot while I
was in a car dealership 1000 miles from home financing a new car and
Dave was in CA, but we got it sorted out.

FYI I've got a second hosted box now, in another location... this one is
mine but I'm going to put nagios on it watching the main sourcemage
services and also put some automated failovers on it for sourcemage
services. More details on that once it's set up.

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:28, Andrew Stitt wrote:

>None of us on #sourcemage can ping www.sourcemage.org, can you take a
>look please, if you havent already?
>
>-Andrew

----- End forwarded message -----

  • [SM-Discuss] yesterdays server outage, Andrew, 03/17/2006