sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Modular X.org

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andrew \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Modular X.org
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 01:31:37 +0100

> > If we can have all the functionality that the xfree86* packages
> > deliver (e.g. xfree86-libs) then I'd be okay with removing them
> > (thanks to Flavien for the summary of xfree86* users ;)).
>
> Since modular is actually split into programs/libs/drivers/...,
> something like only X11 libraries (which xfree86-libs provides) is much
> easier to do than with the old monolithic build.

xorg-libs-profile <-- there is this in xorg-libs and it should be noted
atm doesn't have a PROVIDES...

The thing is the better way would be to != any of the current X11-LIBS
provides use the new depends else use old. That way it would provide
the greatest benefits. Also note the mouse and stuff I found on gentoo
wiki.

Also we need a grimoire function config_query_checkbox which behaves
similar to config_query_list but that it allows multiple choices
to be selected. That would make it possible to have all the various
drivers(input and video) easily and nicely configured.

I do plan on working on it but if someone has any ideas or so fell free
to suggest them or implement them.

I don't think profile spells are the way to go since they get cast once
then they are forgotten...

--
Andrew "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461