sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] enlightenment, e17, e16

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] enlightenment, e17, e16
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:27:42 -0600

On Mar 01, Eric Sandall [eric AT sandall.us] wrote:
> If others (mainly Ladislav) think this is a good idea I can go
> implement this (being as I'm the one who made the 'mess' ;)).
>
> Idea so far (AFAIK):
> * Rename enlightenment to e16
> * Keep e17 named e17
> * Write an e16-profile package
> * Write an e17-profile package
> * Have the e-profile package look at current variables and
> 'convert' the installation to e16|e17. Normal e-profile
> install will allow either or both e16/e17 installed.
>
> What to do with the current enlightenment spell? Some may say to have
> that be e17, but then when e18 comes out we'll run into the same
> problems (when e17 binaries/scripts become renamed to e17 instead of
> enlightenment, as e16 is now doing, and e18 has the name
> enlightenment).

e16 -> actual enlightenment DR16
e17 -> actual enlightenment DR17

enlightenment -> fake spell that asks which e they want then depends on one
of the above 2 (try to determine which e they use and default to that one,
else default to e16)

e16-profile -> profile spell for e16 + other related stuff
e17-profile -> profile spell for e17 + other related stuff

enlightenment-profile (or e-profile) -> fake spell that asks which e they
want then depends on one of the above 2 (try to determine which e they use
and default to that one, else default to e16)

IMO.