sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Web/Tome Team Lead Nominations

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jflatt AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Web/Tome Team Lead Nominations
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:41:15 -0800

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 11:41, Eric Sandall wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:
> > On Dec 13, Eric Sandall [eric AT sandall.us] wrote:
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> As Adam Clark (Kinetix) has stepped down as the Web/Tome Team Lead
> >> we are now looking for another to step up and take his place.
> >>
> >> Here I will be opening the nominations for one week starting today. If
> >> you do not wish to have all the responsibilities of a Team Lead[0]
> >> then feel free to wait for a Lead to come forth and then volunteer
> >> yourself as a team member or an assistant to the Team Lead. :)
> >
> > I nominate Jason Flatt (Oadae). For anyone not aware, Jason stepped up
> > to do the website set up and maintenance when the new server came up and
> > Adam wasn't available. He's shown a lot of dedication to the
> > distribution in this capacity, and his help has been invaluable.
>
> I'll second Jason. :) He was also our Web/Tome Team Lead before RL
> took him away and Adam volunteered.
>
> -sandalle

First of all, I wish to thank Jeremy and Eric for their votes of confidence
in
me and my abilities, by nominating me for the position of Web/Tome Team Lead.

Secondly, I want to say thanks to Adam for all the work he as done in that
capacity for the last year or more, and that I totally understand his need to
focus his attention elsewhere for awhile.

After having reviewed the duties of Web/Tome Team Lead [0] and verifying that
I felt I could meet the requirements, I am happy to say that I accept the
nomination.

As many of you are probably aware, I owned a computer service company called
Geek Products, Inc. [1]. What you are probably not aware of is that I sold
it in late October/early November. I got really tired of removing viruses
and spyware from Windows boxes, which is what I was doing more than 50% of
the time. What does this seemingly unrelated drivel have to do with
anything? About two weeks ago, with the announcement of two new Drupal mail
lists, I decided I was going to steer my professional life in the direction
of a PHP programmer and Drupal consultant. Since then, I have been immersing
myself in learning, relearning and filling out my knowledge level as much as
I can about Drupal and related technologies (XHTML, CSS, etc.) PHP
programming and Drupal are areas I have a strong interest in, a strong desire
to learn more about and a strong desire to get better at.

I think with that in mind, it would be a win-win situation, for both the
Source Mage project and myself, for me to be in the lead position. It would
give me the opportunity to continue to give back to the best Linux
distribution available, while persuing a new direction in my life, and I will
be able to apply what I learn about the underpinnings of Drupal to enhance
and improve the Source Mage Web site.

[0] http://www.sourcemage.org/TeamLeadDuties
[1] http://www.geekproducts.com/

--