sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Regex type for filter files

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Regex type for filter files
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:30:43 -0500

Hi,

I have an RFC for filter files (volatiles, etc.). Which regex type should be used? For example, I use these commands to test before I add stuff to volatiles:

$ find /usr/share/pear -regextype emacs -regex
'^/usr/share/pear/\.\(filemap\|lock\)$'
/usr/share/pear/.lock
$ find /usr/share/pear -regextype posix-egrep -regex
'^/usr/share/pear/\.(filemap|lock)$'
/usr/share/pear/.lock

The line after "-regex" is what goes into the filter. The first one is the default for `find', and the second one is obviously for `egrep.'
I can also use two expressions instead of one (the first for `.filemap' file and the second for `.lock') and not require "extended" regex features.
My question is, which syntax should be used?
Thank you!

Sergey.