sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire tarball updates

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire tarball updates
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 14:13:01 -0600

On Nov 12, Arwed von Merkatz [v.merkatz AT gmx.net] wrote:
> I'll see if I can get something setup here, but for automated updates we
> should have something running on the server or on some other machine
> that's always on.

Heh, sorry, I guess I assume we all leave our stuff up all the time. Seth,
do you think your end would be a better option? I know no home machine is
going to be without failures, but one thing high on my list right now is to
get a nagios installation watching our server/etc., and one thing that
would be doing is checking the timestamps on automated tarballs to alert if
updates are missed for some reason. I could have nagios push an update
from my end if it saw the other one was missed, which gives us at least one
failover. I mostly don't want to be pushing them from here all the time
because I have a monthly transfer cap.

Given the percentage of our devs (and even users) that use test, my vote
would still be to not have the keys on the tarball hosting server,
especially since that is now ibiblio. But I'm not going to argue it if the
consensus is otherwise.