sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire tarball updates

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Grimoire tarball updates
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 13:32:32 -0600

On Nov 12, George Sherwood [pilot AT beernabeer.com] wrote:
> Before the server crash we were updating the test tarball every 6 hours
> or so automatically. Now that the new server is working are we going to

People are working on it, but we're expecting to do it differently. The
old system had the signing keys on the server itself, which quite a lot of
people were uncomfortable with. There was also just one signing key that
was shared. The new one will have each signer having their own keys, and
the private keys will only be on their own machines.

Arwed is working on setting up his end to do updates automatically since it
falls under his area, until he has that I'll continue to update them
manually daily. If I get time I'll look at automating my updates, but I'm
still doing a lot of work to get the new server to a completed state. The
front end is generally done but the backend is not. :-)