sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] j2sdk Question . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] j2sdk Question . . .
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:46:28 -0400

Is it possible to symlink a directory without version (e.g. j2sdk) to a versioned one, and defined the PATH to this new directory?

Jason Flatt wrote:
When there is a version bump for the j2sdk-bin spell (and, I'm assuming, though I haven't tested, the j2sdk spell, as well), the PATH gets changed, because the version number is in the directory name. The problem is that the new PATH doesn't take affect until a re-login, and if db (I don't know if anything else has this same behavior) is dependant on j2sdk, it wants to rebuild because of the TRIGGERS file, but can't because "no acceptable Java compiler found in $PATH". Clear as mud? What I'm wondering is if we should add something to the j2sdk-bin spell, like sourcing the profile file in FINAL, or is this just one of those things that we will have to deal with?