sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] 0.9.5-test1 Release!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] 0.9.5-test1 Release!
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:36:15 +0200

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:01:30 -0700 (PDT), Eric Sandall wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Lubomir Blaha wrote:
> > I've got one suggestion (maybe it's a bug?):
> > At first time I forgot format and mount disks, don't know why, simple I
> > skip
> > this line. Then "copy linux kernel" and "optimisation" does't work. Now I
> > know
> > that was my fault, but when I wasn't able do anything I said lot's of bad
> > words
> > :). Maybe there should be some "dependencies" that should say "You're
> > stupid!
> > Configure your filesystem first!" etc. :).
>
> Please file a bug for that. ;) Some menu entries should probably have
> some mark, e.g. ESSENTIAL="yes" or some such, and steps further down
> the road cannot be done until all ESSENTIAL steps beforehand are done.
> However, in this case, at least, people could have already-formatted
> disks that they don't want to have re-formatted (e.g. data is on them
> the user wants to keep), so there should be (in this case) an option
> to "Leave partitions alone" and still mark the step as finished.

Yeah, we already have something for this in the works :-)
It'll be in on 0.9.6, and it'll be quite flexible and stuff. ;-)
I just wanted 0.9.5 out rather quickly, so this is on my wishlist for
0.9.6, if you don't mind. I promise it won't be as long to there
as it was from the last ISO. ;-)

So Far,
Karsten