sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] STRONGER POLICY for gpg signatures to replace MD5[*] and ALSO new SOURCE_HASH support

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] STRONGER POLICY for gpg signatures to replace MD5[*] and ALSO new SOURCE_HASH support
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:15:58 -0400

Quoting David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>:

definition of what a signature is for. You're the only one disagreeing
with us all on the definition of a signature. I've a strong feeling
that we're going to move forward with replacing the hashes with gnupg

Is that the final consensus that hashes are not going to be supported?

I cannot speak for the entirety of the Source Mage community, but I've no problems with it, and no one else has voiced disagreement.

I believe it's time to answer that question. Who's authorized to seal the
decision, sorcery lead or the project lead?

Thanks,
Sergey.