sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Improved Sorcery Trigger Support

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Improved Sorcery Trigger Support
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 00:34:31 -0500

On Aug 26, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) [jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org] wrote:
> On Aug 25, Andrew Stitt [afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com] wrote:
> > The sorcery team has been working on improving on_cast triggers. The
> > work is mostly complete, and I think its ready for broader testing and
> > feedback from the development/user-base.
>
> sorcery queue gave me:
> Digest-MD5
> MIME-Base64
> apache2
> automake
> basesystem
> binutils
> enlightenment
> findutils
> iana-etc
> pcre
> perl
> tetex
> xpdf
> zlib
>
> as the queue, which looks correct.

So after the bugs got fixed, the above queue resulted in the following cast
order, which looks much improved. imlib was the only thing that got cast
twice, and that looks to be because gdk-pixbuf depends on it, and imlib has
on_cast gdk-pixbuf cast_self. So the only way to satisfy that order is to
cast it before and after gdk-pixbuf. The couple of failures here are
because they're CVS/SVN sources and I wasn't around to pass the MD5 query
when it came up.

cast perl 5.8.6 success
cast autoconf 2.59 success
cast automake 1.9.5 success