sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Spell GPG Checking Book Page

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Spell GPG Checking Book Page
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:22:47 -0700

> On a different tangent, in the example PRE_BUILD, you have:
>
> unpack_file ''
>
> Is that correct? Shouldn't there be something else on that line, like a
> reference to the file? If not, then shouldn't the two single quote marks
> be
> removed?

Yes actually that is correct. unpack_file's parameter is the n part of
SOURCEn. By convention we count SOURCE SOURCE2 SOURCE3 ... so the first
value is the empty string. The function uses the parameter to expand
the various SOURCE, SOURCE_URL and SOURCE_GPG values.

It is true that in bash an uninitialized variable is the empty string so
you could remove the quotes and it would still work, just style I think,
not that gurus have to adopt our suggested style.

David, can the doc be updated to include more explaination on unpack_file?
I think maybe if theres a second real source in a spell, "unpack_file 2"
could be used and it would be more obvious than an oddly place ''.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |